Subject: Beta testers required for filecore filesystem
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew McMurry <a.mcmurry1@physics.oxford.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/24/1998 11:08:18
I have written a read-only Acorn-Filecore filesystem for NetBSD. This
will mount filecore type-E partitions. The NetBSD floppy support can
not at present read adfs floppies, so only harddrives, and removable
hard-discs (eg Zip, Syquest) will work.

I have only checked it on my internal IDE partition on my StrongARM
RiscPC, and so would be pleased if people with other hardware could
test it. It shouldn't have anything restricting it to the arm32 port,
and so if anyone has any RISC OS format removable media (other than
floppies), and a non-arm32 NetBSD machine, I would be interested to
know if it works.

There are two files:
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~ball0038/filecore-1.0.tar.gz
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~ball0038/filecore-src-1.0.tar.gz

The first contains a StrongARM RiscPC UVM kernel and a mount_filecore
binary, and the second contains the source code for the filesystem,
for mount_filecore and a diff file to be applied to src/sys. To make a
kernel containing the new filesystem, the config file (eg RISCPC)
needs to be altered to mention it. Adding the line:

file-system	FILECORE	# Acorn filecore file system

should be enough.

The diffs were taken from a version of current dating from shortly
after UVM support was added for arm32.

Please email me with any problems/comments/complaints you might have.

	Andrew