Subject: Problems with kernel source supped 20/06/98
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/23/1998 20:25:05
I have built myself a kernel from this source but have a couple of
problems during booting on my RISCPC. This is a kernel built for UVM.

1.  Screen is no longer cleared at startup so the boot messages print over
    the top of the colour bars drawn as part of the NetBSD pre-boot from
    RISC OS.

2.  Kernel hangs after drawing corrupt garbage on screen during boot. In a
    single user boot this occurs when sh starts and tries to display it's
    first prompt. When doing a multi user build the hang occurs just after
    the network interfaces have been setup.

Any idea what's going on?

Mike