Subject: Re: SHARK info?
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: pwain@nc.com <pwain@nc.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/16/1998 17:51:20
--=_NCMail_K39v8B

This is not correct.

I have both boxes on my desk, and while the Funai does have a different
graphics circuitry, both do indeed boot and work (and with some small work the
XServer works on both too). The smart card also works on the Uniden box with
some coaxing.

Of course the MPEG stuff on the "White" Funai doesnt work but thats only
because we never saw any pre-production boxes.

Paul
(Not speaking for NCI but of course working off NCI information since I have
the aforementioned boxes).

--
Paul Wain
Development Manager, NCOS (Corporate Client/Server)

This message was sent from a StrongARM based n|c

--=_NCMail_K39v8B

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>NC MailReply</TITLE>
<BASE HREF=3D"file:">
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P>This is not correct.<BR>
<BR>
I have both boxes on my desk, and while the Funai does have a differen=
t graphics circuitry, both do indeed boot and work (and with some smal=
l work the XServer works on both too). The smart card also works on th=
e Uniden box with some coaxing.<BR>
<BR>
Of course the MPEG stuff on the &quot;White&quot; Funai doesnt work bu=
t thats only because we never saw any pre-production boxes.<BR>
<BR>
Paul<BR>
(<B>Not</B>&#32;speaking for NCI but of course working off NCI informa=
tion since I have the aforementioned boxes).<BR>
<BR>