Subject: UVM and patches
To: RiscBSD <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Timothy Coltman <timothy.coltman@unn.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/11/1998 11:02:19
Hello, all.

I've just downloaded the UVM files from a mirror of ftp.netbsd.org (at
src.doc.ic.ac.uk). There is a directory in the 'snapshot/UVM19980606'
directory called 'patches' which contains the following files:

libgcc2.c.patch
usr.sbin.patch
c++rt0.c.patch
ld.patch

>From reading them, they seem to add/alter bits of existing files on
RiscBSD. But how do I install them/get them working properly?

Another question: is there a bug in the 'UnixFS_Res' module? Sometimes
when I transfer stuff across from Risc-OS to RiscBSD and vice versa, my
files get screwed up - it seems to insert lots of 0x00s in them. This is
particularly annoying when I transfer a 10mb file containing KDE-4 and
later want to gunzip it after I trash my system (which happens a lot :-).

Thanks,
tim