Subject: Re: Problems building top and xosview packages with UVM current
To: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/08/1998 23:18:53
On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Mike Pumford wrote:

> Ah I got xosview to build but running it faults almost immediately with an
> Illegal instruction. I noticed while it was building that it was C++ so I
> tried a hello world program
>
> #include<iostream.h>
>
> int main(void)
> {
>     cout << "Hello World\n";
>     return 0;
> }
>
> This stoped with a Segmentation fault apparently in the startup code.
>
> Are there any patches to make C++ work for NetBSD/arm32 that are not part
> of the current sources. I have already patched ld, rtld and libgcc to make
> things build and work correctly.

Hi,
  This will be the c++rt0.c patch.

Apply the patch

ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm32/patches/c++rt0.c.patch

to the file

src/lib/csu/c++/c++rt0.c

and rebuild and install it.

Then you will need to rebuild the libg++ and libstdc++ shared libraries.

(A make in the gnu/lib/g++ directory should just relink the shared
libraries with the new c++rt0.o)

Reinstall these and things should be fine.

Cheers,
				Mark