Subject: Re: Problems building top and xosview packages with UVM current
To: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/08/1998 01:06:04
On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, Mike Pumford wrote:

> This is a a UVM userland. At least it was built with UVM=yes in
> /etc/mk.conf. All other kvm based utilities such as ps, systat seem to
> work okay so I expected the packages to build as well.
>
> The system was built from current supped on 6th June and the pkgsrc came
> from the demon mirror of NetBSD current on Sunday.

My only guess would be to check your includes. You said top was
complaining about VM_UVMEXP not being defined. Since -DUVM was on your
compile line this perhaps suggests that your /usr/include/vm/vm_param.h is
not upto date and missing sections like

#if !defined(UVM)
#define VM_MAXID        3               /* number of valid vm ids */

#define CTL_VM_NAMES { \
        { 0, 0 }, \
        { "vmmeter", CTLTYPE_STRUCT }, \
        { "loadavg", CTLTYPE_STRUCT }, \
}

#else

#define VM_UVMEXP       3               /* struct uvmexp */
#define VM_MAXID        4               /* number of valid vm ids */

#define CTL_VM_NAMES { \
        { "vmmeter", CTLTYPE_STRUCT }, \
        { "loadavg", CTLTYPE_STRUCT }, \
        { "uvmexp", CTLTYPE_STRUCT }, \