Subject: Re: Problems building top and xosview packages with UVM current
To: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/08/1998 01:02:45
On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, Mike Pumford wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, Mark Brinicombe wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, Mike Pumford wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >

> > > you need a UVM userland to run happily with UVM...
> >
> > Whilst you can run a UVM kernel with older userland you really need
> > to upgrade your userland and various VM data structures are different with
> > UVM.
> This is a a UVM userland. At least it was built with UVM=yes in
> /etc/mk.conf. All other kvm based utilities such as ps, systat seem to
> work okay so I expected the packages to build as well.
>
> The system was built from current supped on 6th June and the pkgsrc came
> from the demon mirror of NetBSD current on Sunday.
Hmm,
    well I have just build the top package (sources updated on the 6th)
and it built fine.
i.e.
shark1# make
>> Checksum OK for top-3.5beta7.tar.gz.
===>  Extracting for top-3.5beta7
/home/voyager/altroot/usr/users/netbsd/pkgsrc/sysutils/top/work ->
/usr/pkgobj/s
ysutils/top
===>  Patching for top-3.5beta7
===>  Applying NetBSD patches for top-3.5beta7
===>  Configuring for top-3.5beta7
/bin/cp
/home/voyager/altroot/usr/users/netbsd/pkgsrc/sysutils/top/files/default
/home/voyager/altroot/usr/users/netbsd/pkgsrc/sysutils/top/work/top-3.5beta7/.
defaults
chmod a-x
/home/voyager/altroot/usr/users/netbsd/pkgsrc/sysutils/top/work/top-3.
5beta7/install

Reading configuration from last time...

Using these settings:
        Bourne Shell   /bin/sh
          C compiler   cc
    Compiler options   -DHAVE_GETOPT -O
         Awk command   awk
     Install command   /usr/bin/install

              Module   netbsd13
             LoadMax   5.0
        Default TOPN   -1
        Nominal TOPN   18
       Default Delay   2
Random passwd access   yes
          Table Size   47
               Owner   root
         Group Owner   kmem
                Mode   2755
       bin directory   $(PREFIX)/bin
       man directory   $(PREFIX)/man/man1
       man extension   1
       man style       man

Building Makefile...
Building top.local.h...
Building top.1...
Doing a "make clean".
rm -f *.o top core core.* sigdesc.h
To create the executable, type "make".
To install the executable, type "make install".
===>  Building for top-3.5beta7
cc -DHAVE_GETOPT -DORDER -DHAVE_GETOPT -O -DUVM  -c top.c
awk -f sigconv.awk /usr/include/sys/signal.h >sigdesc.h
cc -DHAVE_GETOPT -DORDER -DHAVE_GETOPT -O -DUVM  -c commands.c
cc -DHAVE_GETOPT -DORDER -DHAVE_GETOPT -O -DUVM  -c display.c
cc -DHAVE_GETOPT -DORDER -DHAVE_GETOPT -O -DUVM  -c screen.c
cc -DHAVE_GETOPT -DORDER -DHAVE_GETOPT -O -DUVM  -c username.c
cc -DHAVE_GETOPT -DORDER -DHAVE_GETOPT -O -DUVM  -c utils.c
utils.c: In function `errmsg':
utils.c:348: warning: return discards `const' from pointer target type
cc -DHAVE_GETOPT -DORDER -DHAVE_GETOPT -O -DUVM  -c version.c
cc -DHAVE_GETOPT -DORDER -DHAVE_GETOPT -O -DUVM  -c getopt.c
cc "-DOSREV=13E" -DHAVE_GETOPT -DORDER -DHAVE_GETOPT -O -DUVM -c machine.c
rm -f top
cc -o top top.o commands.o display.o screen.o username.o  utils.o
version.o getopt.o machine.o -ltermcap -lm -lkvm

Just tried build xosview and that also seems happy.

Cheers,
				Mark