Subject: Re: Permission error (page) ?
To: Martin Tee <martin.tee@argonet.co.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/04/1998 23:28:35
On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Martin Tee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile lesstif-0.84 using netbsd 1.3.1 and the latest
> comp set (I think). Running configure works OK until it checks
> the Xt version number when I get the error message:
>
> Xt Revision Number 6... Data abort: 'Permission error (page)'
> status = 00f address = 00000010 PC = 000ef7f0
> [snip]
>
> I've checked the permission on libXt.so and the include files
> so I don't think its that.

This is not a file permission error. This is a MMU data abort. This one
will result in a SEGV signal being sent to the offending process.

The verbose information from the data abort indicates that the SEGV was
caused by the user process trying to read (or write) to 0x10 which happens
to be one of the system vectors and is thus unaccessable to user
processes. (User processes cannot access anything below 0x1000)

Cheers,
				Mark