Subject: X server and Cryptozilla
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Forbes <dmf20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/04/1998 13:00:45
Not so long ago there was some discussion here about the above.  Having
just reinstalled my system and given it a good hammering for the past 24
hrs, I've found the following:

X server:  	Works for about an average of 3-4hrs before giving a memory
		fault, which I think was the comment made a while ago.
		I've got 24Mb RAM and 64Mb swap space - if it'll help
		anyone, I've got the full error message.  (Oh, yes, and it
		might help to know that I'm running Xarm33...)

Cryptozilla: 	I have to say I'm *very* impressed.  It appears to work very
		well, and I have found it to be (as was claimed) faster
		than !Browse (although I've not really done a scientific test).

I also have a couple of queries:

How does one build a shared library?  Is there a neat way of building a
shared library who's Makefile doesn't include the option?

How do you ensure that an binary that you're using links against the
shared library rather than the static one?

I've read the gcc and ld man pages and haven't been able to reliably get
the answers to the above.

Thanks,
David Forbes.