Subject: Re: make obj
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/02/1998 21:11:54
On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Patrick Welche wrote:

> Mike Pumford wrote:
> >
> > Patrick Welche wrote:
> Well, without trying to do anything fancy, in /usr/src I did a
> make cleandir && make obj && make build
> I didn't think I had to do anything else for the obj directories to
> get used - and they really are all empty, not just some of them.

I just tried the following on my system which I upgraded to current this
weekend:

make BSDSRCDIR=/usr/src/netbsd obj

[system builds object dirs]

make BSDSRCDIR=/usr/src/netbsd DESTDIR=/usr/src/neb_build build

[System started to build current using the obj directories correctly.]

I have just remembered that I could not specify DESTDIR in /etc/mk.conf
(which on reflection seems like the right behaviour). I have just
confirmed that the above works as well.

I'm not really sure what to suggest other than to double check that the
/usr/share/mk files have been updated.

Mike