Subject: Re: Getting networking working
To: Roger Lynn <roger@compsoc.man.ac.uk>
From: David Forbes <dmf20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/30/1998 18:31:45
> My brother and I have just installed RiscBSD 1.3 on his A7000+. We are
> using 1.3 as the precompiled 1.3.1 A7000 kernel crashes before doing
> anything. We would like to get networking working (using the I-cubed
> EtherLan 600 card) but have no idea how to do this. Running the configure
> program after finishing the installation asks for a hostname, but doesn't
> appear to do anything else. What should we do now? We can't find any
> appropriate instructions on any of the ftp sites.

And then there were TWO!!  (People with A7000+s running NetBSD)

I have it running complete with network card on my machine at the moment.
However, I'm right in the middle of finals at the moment (and my machine
is away in the cupboard until after then).  However, I finish on Monday,
so if you need a kernel that works, (with networking), I have several.

Off the top of my head, I can't remember what you have to do to configure
the networking.  I seem to remember the 1.3 installation kernels (or at
least the one that I used) didn't have networking configured.  If no-one
else can help (although it's not really A7k specific), I can give you a
definitive answer on Tuesday.

Have fun,
David.