Subject: Re: Corel Computers - a 233 MHz StrongARM based Linux system
To: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
From: Matthew Wilcox <willy@odie.barnet.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/29/1998 18:33:16
Neil A. Carson

> Erik E. Fair wrote:
> >
> > http://www.corelcomputer.com/
> >
> > Does anyone here have more details about this beastie than the meager
> > amount on their web pages?
>
> A StrongARM board based on the Footbridge PCI bridge. Quite similar to
> the CATS board I think---basically the same but with some sort of
> graphics (boring S3?) and digitiser (Brooktree?) on board too from what
> I can gather.
>
> The Linux/arm sources should have support for this thing merged in
> now---if not now, then real soon. Matthew?

Indeed.  There's some initial support in the 2.1.103 patch available
from ftp.arm.uk.linux.org/pub/armlinux/kernel-patches/v2.1/ but Russell
tells me that it almost certainly doesn't work.  It will hopefully be
merged in properly for the release of Linux 2.2.0, whenever that will be.
Corel are very keen to Do The Right Thing with respect to Open Source
software, so it will happen.

Aside: I did respond to the poster off-list about armlinux, but I didn't
post to the list for fear of inciting another flamewar ;-)

--
Set Alias$Case Set Alias$[ |||| |MSet Alias$Otherwise Set Alias$[ \ Matthew
"" |MSet Alias$When If %0=%%0 Then Set Alias$[ "" ||MIf %0=%%0    \ Wilcox