Subject: Re: C++ ___builtin_new.
To: Alex Hayward <xelah@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/25/1998 19:43:55
On Mon, 25 May 1998, Alex Hayward wrote:

: > The -current ld doesn't work with arm32 "out of the box"; do you have the
: > proper diffs?  (If not, I can send them to you.)
:
: Ah, no. Would these be the 'binutils-2.9-arm-unknown-netbsd.diffs' diffs
: in NetBSD/arch/arm32/patches on my nearest NetBSD mirror and dated Apr 19?
: A cursory glance at it seems to suggest that it isn't---it doesn't seem to
: fit onto the sources in the tree (I think it may be intended for the
: original GNU sources).

The binutils 2.9 ld diffs do not work properly; you have to use the
"in-tree" ld with special diffs.  I've made such diffs available at:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm32/ld.diffs

The diff should be passed to patch while in the "src/usr.bin/ld" directory.
These diffs include the necessary diffs to rtld to build a working ld.so.