Subject: Re: C++ ___builtin_new.
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alex Hayward <xelah@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/25/1998 22:23:15
On Mon, 25 May 1998, Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Mon, 25 May 1998, Alex Hayward wrote:
> : I'm using ld from the 1.3.1 comp set with gcc and gas.new built from
> : current sources. I can't get the current ld to work, as I've mention twice
> : on this list before (I think)... It fails when building a shared
> : libgnumalloc, anything which uses it fails with an abort.
>
> The -current ld doesn't work with arm32 "out of the box"; do you have the
> proper diffs?  (If not, I can send them to you.)

Ah, no. Would these be the 'binutils-2.9-arm-unknown-netbsd.diffs' diffs
in NetBSD/arch/arm32/patches on my nearest NetBSD mirror and dated Apr 19?
A cursory glance at it seems to suggest that it isn't---it doesn't seem to
fit onto the sources in the tree (I think it may be intended for the
original GNU sources).

--
alex@hayward.u-net.com; xelah@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk