Subject: Re: C++ ___builtin_new.
To: Alex Hayward <xelah@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/25/1998 16:45:27
On Mon, 25 May 1998, Alex Hayward wrote:

: I've been unable to build C++ recently because anything I built would
: throw up linker errors about the undefined symbols ___builtin_new,
: ___builtin_delete, ___builtin_vec_new etc. I've only been able to get it
: working again by removing the #define WEAK_ALIAS from
: /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gcc/libgcc/libgcc2.c (well, the linker doesn't
: complain and moc from qt doesn't crash immediately, I don't know if it
: actually /works/ yet...).

I'll see what I can do about this:  I'm working on getting gcc from egcs
working, and it's doing similar things.

: I'm using ld from the 1.3.1 comp set with gcc and gas.new built from
: current sources. I can't get the current ld to work, as I've mention twice
: on this list before (I think)... It fails when building a shared
: libgnumalloc, anything which uses it fails with an abort.

The -current ld doesn't work with arm32 "out of the box"; do you have the
proper diffs?  (If not, I can send them to you.)