Subject: C++ ___builtin_new.
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alex Hayward <xelah@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/25/1998 20:27:16
I've been unable to build C++ recently because anything I built would
throw up linker errors about the undefined symbols ___builtin_new,
___builtin_delete, ___builtin_vec_new etc. I've only been able to get it
working again by removing the #define WEAK_ALIAS from
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gcc/libgcc/libgcc2.c (well, the linker doesn't
complain and moc from qt doesn't crash immediately, I don't know if it
actually /works/ yet...).

I'm using ld from the 1.3.1 comp set with gcc and gas.new built from
current sources. I can't get the current ld to work, as I've mention twice
on this list before (I think)... It fails when building a shared
libgnumalloc, anything which uses it fails with an abort.

Is there something broken here?

--
alex@hayward.u-net.com; xelah@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk