Subject: UVM on NetBSD/arm32
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Neil A. Carson <carson@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/20/1998 23:46:17
Greetings,

We have just finished debugging UVM on NetBSD/arm running on a Chaltech
board and are pleased to say it works a treat. Swapping is no longer
corrupting for a start :-) We're running a performance benchmark now.
Booting if anything seems slightly faster. Mark's machine was running two
gimps, an xterm and a massive XV (6MB) image all on a 16MB machine, and
the computer was still usable whilst swapping which wasn't true before.
Well done Chuck! :)

I can start talking in more detail with Chuck about performance issues
now, and start seriously having a go at pmap to work better with the UVM.

I'll do the RiscPC stuff needed in the next few days and hopefully Mark
can get stuff merged back sometime soon.

At last! :-)

	Regards,

	Neil