Subject: Re: Cryptozilla available
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/19/1998 23:37:26
In message <199805181925.VAA00376@nethotel.dk>
          Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk> wrote:

> When I start cryptozilla as a background task, it shows the
> following messages:
>
> Warning: Actions not found: PageUp, PageDown
> Warning: Actions not found: PageDown, LineUp, LineDown, PageUp, PageUp,
PageDown
> (the above 2 lines are repeated 9 more times)
>
> but it continues to work anyway.

This seems to be normal, I also get this.
It's a beta1, so expect all kinds of unexpected behaviour.

If I open the bookmarks, I get screens full of messages about invalid pixmaps.

> Sometimes when clicking in the menubar or on the titlebar the
> edit-page window is open for no obvious reason. The edit-window
> is also opened, if I start cryptozilla as a background task when
> I am not connected to my ISP. When I (after start-up) click on the
> ok-button in the most recent info/error-message window (the one
> that complains about the unavailability of the DNS-server), then the
> edit-page window appears.

This also happens to me. I think this is fixed in current versions of
Mozilla/Cryptozilla.
This is not a very recent version. I hope to change this once I get my larger
harddisk - then I'll be able to use cvs to keep the source up to date.

> Are the mail and news parts of Netscape parts of the public available
> source? If so, can we expect to get an updated version of cryptozilla
> which includes mail- and news-handling?

This is not in Mozilla ATM as it is based on a commercial database which cannot
be included in the free version.
The Mozilla guys said that they will eventually make this available with the
commercial database removed.

> What is the correct syntax for configuring the proxy-server?
> I have tried both
>
> http://<proxy-server>:<port-number>      and
> <proxy-server>:<port-number>
>
> so far without success. It could be that I give a wrong
> proxy-server-name, but it could also be a wrong syntax.
> I am not sure which is the cause.

As I'm not using proxies ATM, I don't know how it works in 5.0.
In 4.05 at the uni I always use manual proxy configuration and put the IP
address of our proxy server in the left and port 80 in the right field.

> Which plug-ins are supported? Is cryptozilla able to handle
> audio/video-streaming?

Again, I don't use this so I don't know.

> When I edit the preferences to select another colour for
> unvisited links cryptozilla aborts when I click a specific
> colour or the old/new buttons :-(

Haven't come across this yet.
It crashes with a segmentation fault without obvious reason from time to time.

Well, all we can do is build a later version and hope that most of this has
been fixed by now.
--
So long, Markus

PGP key available on request or from