Subject: Where to find Xarm-34 (was Re: Cryptozilla vailable)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/19/1998 23:52:17
In message <Marcel-1.41-0518095643-0b0LJLo@various-artists.demon.co.uk>
          Joe Oldak <joe@various-artists.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> > Xarm-34-vide1124
>
> My my! When might we see such a beast? The poor performance (and
> stability) of Xarm-33 is annoying me a little...

Rob Black made this available for people to test some time ago with a test
kernel with the new console code.
The ftp server is ftp://monet.me.ic.ac.uk/pub/vide

I never found Xarm-33 unstable though but then I haven't used it for quite some
time.
Xarm-34 is quite stable for me, though occasionally it crashes with a "Memory
fault".

Rob, I never managed to check out the console code though, but never got round
to tell you, so I'm using this convenient opportunity. ;-)
The problem is that the test kernels you made available switch to a different
screenmode shortly after booting, and my monitor can't sync it. It seems I'm
dropped right into a shell where I can type "halt" to get back to RISC OS.
--
So long, Markus

PGP key available on request or from
my homepage at http://www.gp.fht-esslingen.de/students/emw4maba