Subject: NetBSD/arm32 gas support in-tree
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/19/1998 16:12:28
Well, it didn't take nearly as much work as I had thought.  I backported
Mark's binutils 2.9 support for NetBSD/arm32 to 2.8.1 (trivial merging), and
incorporated those machine-dependent bits into gnu/dist/{bfd,gas}.  Now,
libbfd and gas will build right out of src/gnu/{lib/bfd,usr.bin/gas.new} and
install.  The linker and gdb are still a ways away, because of some shlib
"issues" still out there.

The integrated code does support both `#' and `%' for .type, so egcs should
work `out of the box' with this version of gas, barring the
DWARF2_UNWIND_INFO macro problem, for which I have sent in a fix for the
snapshot working code.

DNARD users, if you intend to rebuild your toolchain and will be using
-current, you need not build gas from the shark-tools distribution any
longer.