Subject: Re: APDL IDE Support
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marc Warne <marc@alphapro.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/13/1998 16:56:56
In message <Pine.SUN.3.91.980512095413.7987A-100000@allott>
          Howard MTHP Johnson <H.G.Johnson@e-eng.hull.ac.uk> wrote:

> Has anybody got NetBSD to talk to APDL's ARCIN IDE interface? It's made
> by Bailden Electronics, who made ICS's interfaces. The only way I could
> get the old 1.2 port from ftp.ph.kcl to boot was to disable the podule
> with 'podule1.disable'. Unfortunately the 1Gb drive on my RiscPC's
> motherboard IDE bus is screwed, so I can't install NetBSD 1.3 until I can
> get it to talk to the APDL interface.

I assume it's ARCIN v6 - no I haven't got it working.

I've been downloading many new kernels, but none of the test or cur ones
worked. Upon booting up RiscBSD (1.3alpha kernel), it spends quite a while
doing something with the hard drive (is this normal?), but when it tries
to load FSCK, jibberish about ARM registers appears on the screen.

> Thanks for any info.

BTW, can you put a .sig seperator in? ('-- ')

All the best,

        Marc Warne
  / /\/\         \ e-mail: marc@alphapro.demon.co.uk  \-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-.
 / /   /arc Warne \ http://www.alphapro.demon.co.uk/   \  A.S. 1.25 ? ?  \