Subject: Re: Revision K strongarms ...
From: Joe Oldak <joe@various-artists.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/13/1998 10:15:29
In <URL:news:local.riscbsd> on Tue 12 May, Adam Gundy wrote:
> so then I put my old ARM600 back in the machine - same problem. each time I
> run the compiler, it fails in a new and wonderful way...
>
> that narrows it down to a problem with the ARM pmap; perhaps because
> I have two SIMMs? (is this still a problem?). It always falls over
> when paging like mad (ie 80+ pg/sec).

I get this problem - when I'm doing memory intensive things with a lot of
page swapping. Regardless of processor or memory set up. The only 'cure' I've
found is to put enough memory in the machine to reduce swapping :(

Even a small upgrade, when I went from 16 to 20MB RAM, seems to make a
difference. Could be co-incidence though I suppose...

> anyway, I'm still screwed. hopefully a 32 meg SIMM will help.

It might well do. I'm saving up for one myself...

Have fun

Joe
--
 __