Subject: Re: Revision K strongarms ...
To: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
From: Philip Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/08/1998 09:53:31
>clustered page-ins. I've had an ugly thought: Hack the kernel to check,
>when it pages a page in, if the last instruction is an LDR, if so, bring
>in the next page too :) Or did someone already start implementing this,
>I can't remember... This is _so_ ugly though!

However, you might find that either there _is_ no next page to bring in (eg a
binary with an LDR as the very last instruction) in which case you'd have to
invent an anonymous map for the missing page, or the next page has gotten
thrown out again by the time the LDR executes.  Really you need to tie them
together as a sort of "super-page".

p.