Subject: Re: Revision K strongarms ...
To: None <kim@pvv.ntnu.no>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/07/1998 14:26:54
kim@pvv.ntnu.no wrote:

I think the best fixup is to get the compiler to emit every LDM twice,
and then NOP one of them out... Huh, but LDRs may cause it too, and
doubling and NOPing every LDR will hit performance noticably... Aaargh!

I think the best bet may be to get those StrongARMs replaced :-) When we
go to UVM the problem may get a bit better as there will then be
clustered page-ins. I've had an ugly thought: Hack the kernel to check,
when it pages a page in, if the last instruction is an LDR, if so, bring
in the next page too :) Or did someone already start implementing this,
I can't remember... This is _so_ ugly though!

	Neil