Subject: Re: Revision K strongarms ...
To: None <kim@pvv.ntnu.no>
From: Philip Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/07/1998 13:20:51
>Then don't page align the code. Just let the linker put a NOP at the
>end of each page.
>
>This of course puts NOPs in the middle of the code, but the linker should
>be able to handle that, since it must contain references to branches
>and indexes. I don't know how this apply to PIC code though.

As I said, I think this might require significant work.

Consider this code:

	ldr	r0, 2f

2:	.word	0xc0ffee

Now, as it stands the assembler will resolve the label and convert the LDR
into a constant PC-relative instruction without emitting a reloc.  If that
code happens to cross a page boundary then the linker has no way to know that
it now has to fix up the LDR when it inserts the NOP.

p.