Subject: Re: Connecting using pppd ...
To: William Gallafent <William.Gallafent@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
From: Dave Millen <webmaster@largesalad.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/06/1998 15:00:22
William Gallafent wrote:

> On Wed, 6 May 1998, Mike Pumford wrote:
>
> > Are you running routed. This has a nasty habit of preventing pppd from
> > setting up a default route and giving exactly the symptoms you describe.
>
> Looking at rc.conf, I have the line:
>
> routed=NO               routed_flags="-q"
>
> hence no. Which daemons should be running, and which should not? (I still
> haven't managed to get a connection :( )
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill

 You might find that 'netstart' is ignoring 'rc.conf', I had to comment out all
the daemons that I did not want started. I don't know why 'rc.conf' is ignored
and haven't had time to check since I discovered this, due to pressures of work
in whinedoze land  :~(
I may have missed something about this in the mailing list but,
again.....pressures of work!

Watch the boot sequence messages and check if the daemon is started. If it is,
you will see 'routed' mentioned shortly after the 'starting network daemons'
bit.

regards
Dave.

--