Subject: Re: Revision K strongarms ...
To: Tony Houghton <tonyh@tcp.co.uk>
From: Kim G. S. OEyhus <kim@iq.pvv.ntnu.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/04/1998 09:56:09
>           "Neil A. Carson" <neil@causality.com> wrote:
>
> > Tony Houghton wrote:
> >
> > > Another solution is to replace all LDMs with a set of LDRs, which I
> > > gather gcc already has an option before.
> >
> > I didn't know gcc had that option.
>
> Sorry, I thought I saw someone say it did.

gcc definitely has that option. One just has to rewrite some
parts of the ARM32 files. gcc also has options for variable
length instructions, and other nice stuff. I checked this
1-2 years ago when I wanted to write an inline math library
for RiscBSD. It was dropped because gcc could not be compiled
by ordinary users then.

I read a little in my ARM documentation in the weekend.
If it really is so that it is the LDM^ instruction that is
affected, then why not just replace it with LDM, and do the ^ part
with a separate instruction?

We need a better description of the bug, or some code that shows
the behaviour without crashing the machine.

Kim0