Subject: Kernel panic
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adam Gundy <adam@impala.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/03/1998 18:55:48
Hi.

The following (user) code causes the kernel to panic
(when run as root):

mlock( 4096, 4096 );
fork();

The panic message is "vm_fault_copy_wired: page missing".

The reason I've found this is that I've added some code to the
prefetch abort handler to try and fix the StrongARM LDM bug -
unfortunately it ends up with the same panic...

PS this may not be an ARM specific bug but I can't test that.

Seeya,
 Adam.
--
As the year 2000 approaches, the carefully planned Millenium 'bug'
begins to manifest itself in the computing job market...