Subject: Re: libdl - where is it?
To: William Gallafent <William.Gallafent@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/30/1998 23:26:50
On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, William Gallafent wrote:

> As part of my ongoing saga of blindly trying to compile kde beta 4, I have
> now compiled and installed the support and kdelibs archives ... and so now
> I've moved on to kdebase (seemed logical). This one fails becaus it can't
> find libdl anywhere (-ldl doesn't work) and let's face it, neither can I.
> So, where should it be (I've put all the /lib directoried I can find ont
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH) and if I haven't got it, where can I find it?

If I remember there is a bug in the configure script, what I had to do was
remove the first occurance of -ldl from a LIBS="$LIBS -ldl", (before this
is a line that saves the $LIBS variable (I think that's the line) it's
somewhere around the checking for X part, if you look in the config.log
you'll find lots of errors relating to -ldl,so look at the line numbers
and look for the occurance before them and find that configure is saying
no to things that do exist, once altered the script runs and doesn't want
-ldl any more, Note this is all from memory as I've now deleted the
kdebase dir as I needed the disc space...

Cheers,
Chris