Subject: Re: Revision K strongarms ...
From: Joe Oldak <joe@various-artists.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/30/1998 16:01:36
In <URL:news:local.riscbsd> on Thu 30 Apr, Chris Rutter wrote:
> > So, if anyone else is interested in getting hold of a StrongARM that works
> > properly, let me know, and I'll compile a list of people. Perhaps by
> > pointing out the possibility of writing to Acorn User, a few newsgroups,
>
>  Yes, I certainly am.  It certainly cripples a number of NetBSD/
> ARMLinux-related issues; I'd be prepared to go to substantial
> lengths to get a correctly-working replacement for my StrongARM.
> Especially given trouble I've had from Acorn over hardware in the
> past.

I'd be interested too, yeah. Annoyingly, although my RPC is less than a year
old it still only has a revision K chip in it.

As a related question - is there a way of telling what crashes are caused by
this bug, and what might be being caused by others, without swapping the SA
for a different processor?

My RiscPC is buried under my desk with 5 padlocks holding it down, so
detcting this without dismantling the computer would be a bonus!

Have fun

Joe
--
 __