Subject: Re: Revision K strongarms ...
To: William Gallafent <William.Gallafent@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
From: Philip Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/30/1998 10:13:21
>bit (a lot, preferably). After all, he is acting for a company that
>shipped cards carrying duff processors.

To be fair to Acorn, the bug probably wasn't known at the time they made =
those
cards.  I can understand them being a bit reluctant to pick up the bill f=
or =

Digital having made a mistake with the boards.

Incidentally, =A3100+VAT is probably about the same as it would cost you =
to get =

the board you have upgraded.  SA110s cost about =A340-=A350 in small quan=
tities =

and you might well be able to find somebody with SMT rework ability who'd=
 =

change the chip for =A350 or less.  If all of you who suffer from the bug=
 were =

to club together and do this then it would probably be cheaper still.

p.