Subject: Re: KDE compilation, getting online using pppd
From: Alex Hayward <xelah@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/29/1998 22:15:42
On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, William Gallafent wrote:
> Btw, I'm compiling from the kde distribution sets ... rather than those
> from the netbsd source tree. How much fiddling am I likely to have to do?
> Would I be better off downloading the lot (again!) from the Netbsd source
> tree instead (don't really fancy it...)

The stuff in the NetBSD tree (the pkgsrc stuff) doesn't actually have the
source code in it, just patches, a makefile, descriptions etc. If you
haven't actually got the pkgsrc tree then you could at least apply the
patches for KDE that are in the tree---this should hopefully stop you
having to do much fiddling. Oh, and glance at the makefile, too. It
shouldn't be too much to download.

--
alex@hayward.u-net.com; xelah@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk