Subject: Re: 'program cc1 got fatal signal 11'
To: Philip Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/29/1998 12:31:42
>Losing `LDM' is going to be quite a big hit - you certainly don't want it to
>default to on for the sake of avoiding an occasional bug on some steppings of
>one CPU.

The point of my previous message, in a nutshell:

There's no reason to 'lose' a whole instruction, unless bugs in the
implementation of that instruction are triggered for many of its
different variants.

At least for the bug that I know about, only a very small set of
potential uses causes potentially-buggy behaviour.

In other words: it's probably best to actually examine correct,
concise descriptions of the various bugs, and formulate workarounds
based on those, rather than trying to just eliminate uses of
instructions which may have bugs in some circumstances.

cgd