Subject: Re: Packages
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alex Hayward <xelah@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/28/1998 20:46:01
On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Martin Tee wrote:
> If you download lesstif-0.83 you will need to compile it. Just
> gunzip and untar it to create all the files in a lesstif directory.
> I found I had to modify the config.guess file and use make -i
> to compile everything. It complained about a .la file IIRC
> but it all seems to work OK for Motif 1.2 progs. It puts the libraries
> in usr/local/lib so you'll need to update your PATH and ld.so.conf
> file in /etc.

The pkgsrc tree has been update to lesstif-0.83 so ideally this would be
compiled by typing 'make' in that directory. You'd need recent
/usr/share/mk stuff though, I'd have thought. You need to be 'net
connected at the time and it will fetch the source code over the 'net
automatically (although you can separate the process up in to 'make
fetch' and then 'make' later on). make install will install it.

Doing it this way will apply a whole load of patches before compilation
(the patches are included in the pkgsrc tree) and will enable you to build
an arm32 binary package by typing 'make package'.

--
alex@hayward.u-net.com; xelah@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk