Subject: Re: 'program cc1 got fatal signal 11'
From: Alex Hayward <xelah@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/27/1998 16:23:03
On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, William Gallafent wrote:
> That'll be the problem then :( Revision K, hence the 'bugged STM^
> instruction' or whatever it is message at startup :( If only I'd known
> about this before the guarantee ran out I might have sent it back saying
> 'this chip is faulty' and demanding a newer one. Too late now though, I
> suspect.

You could perhaps try demanding anyway... If not under guarantee then
under the sale of goods act, perhaps. Maybe they were just hoping that it
wasn't going to affect many people so they'd ship them anyway and replace
them for people who complained? But if its properly broken then I'd be
surprised if they aren't required to replace it. assuming that you report
it quickly after discovering it etc.

--
alex@hayward.u-net.com; xelah@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk