Subject: Re: 'program cc1 got fatal signal 11'
To: William Gallafent <William.Gallafent@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
From: Kim G. S. OEyhus <kim@iq.pvv.ntnu.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/27/1998 14:28:49
> That'll be the problem then :( Revision K, hence the 'bugged STM^
> instruction' or whatever it is message at startup :( If only I'd known
> about this before the guarantee ran out I might have sent it back saying
> 'this chip is faulty' and demanding a newer one. Too late now though, I
> suspect.

Is the message about bugged STM really a sign of Revision K?
Oh, please, not! And I waited so long to order my strongarm,
just to avoid things like this. If that really is so,
then probably most StrongArm owners has incapable processors,
which makes RiscBSD pointless for most of us RiscPC owners.

However, why not just abandon the STM instruction, and replace it
with multiple single store instructions? I assumed this was done.
Or what about scanning and replacing the source code on loading?

Kim0