Subject: Re: 'program cc1 got fatal signal 11'
To: Kim G. S. OEyhus <kim@iq.pvv.ntnu.no>
From: William Gallafent <William.Gallafent@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/27/1998 13:17:08
On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, Kim G. S. OEyhus wrote:

> > Alex Hayward wrote:
> >
> > > I believe that cc1 and cc1plus from the 1.3 release build don't actually
> > > work properly... Though I can't actually remember exactly what was wrong
> >
> > Yep they are fine, but not on Acorn StrongARM boards with Rev J or K
> > chips. This bug can't really be worked round.
>
> How can we find out if we have those chips?

Have a look on the chip! Mine says: 'SA110K' in the middle of it :( If the
letter is 'L' or later, I guess you're OK.

> How do one get new ones?

That's what I want to know!

> After all, this makes NetBSD totally useless on ARM32.

Yes :(

> How mane people have chips like that?

Start counting ..... 1,

> I got mine rather late. Does this improve my odds?

Probably - I imagine the later shipments from Acorn reflect later chip
revisions from digital.

> What, exactly, is the problem?

At startup, NetBSD reports 'Sa110 revision k with bugged STM^ instruction'
or words to that effect. That's all I know. I guess this may be part of
the effect of the 3.70 ROMpatches under RiscOS - to work around the bug

> Kim0

Cheers,

Bill