Subject: Re: 'program cc1 got fatal signal 11'
To: William Gallafent <William.Gallafent@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/27/1998 10:20:50
William Gallafent wrote:

> I've searched around for this but can't find an answer ... but surely
> someone must have seen this before - gcc throws up this error and stops
> when trying to compile any c code. Can someone tell me why this is the
> case, given that qt 1.33 compiled fine without any problem in an earlier
> session?
>
> Thinks. Was I root for that compile, and not for this one? Hmmm. I'll send
> this anyway (forgive me if I'm right about there just being an
> ownership/access problem somewhere...) and go and try again.

That shouldn't matter. Are you using the 1.3.1 compiler set? If so, this
won't run properly on the bugged StrongARMs that Acorn shipped (wuthout
telling anyone). It's not a problem with the code. If you're using SA
and 1.3.1, either upgrade to a  more modern SA, put the 710 back in, or
wait for another compiler build that may move round the problem
instructions to elsewhere.

If this isn't the problem, then ignore this posting :-)