Subject: KDE Downloaded, What Next ?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Syd Murray <syd.murray@argonet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/25/1998 21:53:15
Hi,

I am a novice trying to install KDE,  and needing much help.

I have download the following from :-
ftp://ftp.ph.kcl.ac.uk/pub/acorn/RiscBSD/1.3-packages
        kdebase-3.1b.tgz
        kdekdesupport-3.1b.tgz
        kdeutils-3.1b.tgz
        kdegames-3.1b.tgz

I then extracted them by running
cat *.tgz | tar --unlink -C / -pzxvf -
Which seemed to put a lot of files in /share and not in the /usr/X116.3/bin=
 Directory.
Did I do this correctly ?

Upon closer examination I have noticed,  especially in the /share/apps dire=
ctory the majority of files are .xpm type.  Are these executable ?

I have also read the HTML files in the /share/doc/HTML.en.kdehelp Directory=
,  but they seem to assume that KDE is already intstalled.

Any HELP would be much appreciated.

My set-up:-
        RiscBSD 1.3 ALPHA
        StrongARM RPC700
        DRAM 32M + 8M
        VRAM 2M
        ATAPI CDROM on cd0a
        HD 3.8G Quantum Fireball
                (800M dedicated to wd0a including /usr.  No wd0e)
                (80M dedicated to wd0b)
 Thanx...

--
  \        /  syd.murray@argonet.co.uk