Subject: Re: Lastest (19980322) current kernel status
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: paul <pwain@nc.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/19/1998 11:39:32
--------------373D3712F9464FFD3C0E3C04

Kjetil B. Thomassen wrote:

> 3) dmesg does not work. It gives me a kvm_read error.
>    I guess I need to recompile dmesg or the userland library.

At a guess you need to install a new libkvm.so.x (and the .a for building the
/bin binaries such as ps). Hrm, does ps still work? What abount mounting /kern
and looking at the message buffer :)

As an aside my RPC 700 running 1.2G acting as a small file server now has 150
days uptime (actually I think its only 149 but I cant check right now).
Congrats to Mark on that version being that stable!

Paul

--------------373D3712F9464FFD3C0E3C04

begin:          vcard
fn:             Paul Wain
n:              Wain;Paul
org:            Network Computer Inc.
adr:            1000 Bridge Parkway;;;Redwood City;CA;94065;USA
email;internet: pwain@nc.com
title:          Development Manager, NCOS
tel;work:       +1 650 631 4628
tel;fax:        +1 650 631 4680
tel;home:       +1 415 297 6959 (Mobil)
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0