Subject: Re: Test kernels
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alisdair McDiarmid <alisdair@illusion.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/15/1998 16:46:47
In message <Pine.NEB.3.96.980322230759.5948A-100000@sentinel-100.causality.com>
          Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com> wrote:

>   Ok there are some new kernels available online in the directory

[snip]
> New features in the test kernels include the changes for
> -current plus rewritten IDE drivers to use the new MI wdc
> driver. This include drivers for the ICS ARCIN V5 and ARCIN V6
> IDE cards.
>
> If folks would like to test these kernels and let me know if
> there are any problems feel free ... ;-)
>
> In particular I would like to know about problems / success with the ICS
> drivers, the oak and csa drivers and the ne driver.

The Voyager test kernel seems to work with the ICS ARCIN V6
interface - well, it doesn't hang the machine any more - but I
get lots of lovely spurious spewings of ARM code all over the
place (ldfm and stfm ISTR). The machine also locks when fvwm is
started. None of this happens with the RiscPC kernels.

The RiscPC test kernel doesn't seem to work with the ARCIN V6
for some reason (locks the machine). Perhaps I downloaded the
current kernel instead - I'll check when I upload this mail.
--
Alisdair McDiarmid    \         <mailto:alisdair@illusion.co.uk>
Illusion Software      \   <http://www.illusion.co.uk/software/>