Subject: GC-4.12
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David <dmf20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/12/1998 23:19:27
Dear All,

I'm attempting to port Boehm's Garbage Collector v4.12 and I really need
to know the following (I've got a botched version working):

1) How to find the beginning and end of the data segment when a program is
running?  There are macros in <sys/exec_aout.h>, but they don't seem to be
usable at run-time.

2) How to find the bottom end of the stack (i.e. the highest address in
memory)?  (I'm assuming here that stacks grow downwards under RBSD?)  I
currently have a guess value of this as being 0xefbfe00. Is it fixed? Is
this correct?  I've found a reference to a USRSTACK in <sys/exec.h>, but
can't find where it's defined.

Thanks,
David.