Subject: Re: The mouse *MOVES*...
To: None <dmf20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/09/1998 22:46:37
In message <Pine.SOL.3.95q.980408235634.2503A-100000@red.csi.cam.ac.uk> you wrote:

> > > I'm gradually getting the feeling that I might be the only one.  IS there
> > > anyone else out there using A7000+?
> >
> > Don't think so :-) I don't think Linux has any A7000+ users either :-)
>
> Last I heard, ARMLinux doesn't like machines with no VRAM...that's where I
> started before I came to RBSD.  I should imagine that even if the VRAM
> problem were fixed, there would be other problems with IOMD devices being
> subtly different on a ARM7500FE, etc, etc...

are iomd devs on the arm7500 that different?  I know they have a few
changes here and there, but I'm hoping that the vidcaudio driver should
work on that device with only a few changes (that's if I ever get any
sound out of the thing)

> Trust me to go for the hardware that doesn't work  ;-)

Well you obviously got it almost working, that could perhaps be more to
hacking about than the straight tree working?

I'd suggest sending any fixes for the A7000+ to mark so that they can be
integrated into the tree.

How does the floating point work on the a7000+? It should be quicker
than on other machines (although I think the soft-float should have
helped)

Out of curiosity does the lmcaudio driver work on the A7000+? (This
would be useful for the work I'm doing on the audio driver...)

Cheers,
Chris