Subject: Re: Cumana SCSI 1 interface
To: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
From: Stephen Hobbs <stevehobbs@enterprise.net>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/09/1998 20:35:30
On Sat 14 Mar, Mark Brinicombe wrote:
> > Hmmm... I have an interface, but no SCSI Drives :-)
> > There is a flatbed scanner attached though... Would I be able to use this
> > under NetBSD?
> Well at least you could confirm that it can probe it ;-). There is as SCSI
> scanner devices (ss) for NetBSD. This provides a basic hook that I think
> can be used by packages like sane that support a lot of scanners.

Hi Mark,

Have been working away from home again, hence no replies for some time...

I downloaded the current kernal last wekend (4/5th April), and it booted OK,
reporting the Cumana SCSI quite happily. The assorted scsi bits appeared in /dev, including /dev/ss.

I then found the sane web page, and downloaded it, plus various X scanner
drivers.
Sadly I have been unable even to configure sane, as it has no inherent support
for arm32 NetBSD. I have tried to tweak this, but to no avail, it seems that the "unknown" of "arm32-unknown-netbsd" upsets it. Also I have a feeling I have
screwed the compiler set somehow, as no major programs will build. I used the
cc1 and cc1plus from the 1.3Alpha CD, with the 1.3 release set from
ftp.netbsd.org, but with no luck.

Is there any simple, single step method for getting a working comp set yet?

I am beginning to run out of ideas here, so any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Regards,

Stephen Hobbs.
(Nearly) Final Year Electronic Eng Student. Brunel University, West London.