Subject: Re: The mouse *MOVES*...
To: None <dmf20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/08/1998 22:21:59
In message <Pine.SOL.3.95q.980408175711.15252A-100000@red.csi.cam.ac.uk> you wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> With a bit of hacking around, I've managed to get my PS2 mouse to work
> with X.  Whilst it appears to be working reliably (I'm in X now) there is
> something odd going on.  When X starts it crashes into the debugger.  If I
> use Alt-F1 to see whats on the screen, I get:
>
> Black=1, White=0
> InitInput() not finishedAbout to mieqInit()
> Mouse fd:5
> Mouse on.
>
> db>
>
> Typing trace at the db> prompt gives me just:
>
> _Debugger
> _userret
> _syscall
>
> typing repeated continues give the same result.

My guess (although not being an expert on this sort of things) but I
think syscall is the equiv of swi's (might even be the same).  looking
at the source it's ok for it to continue, it's just not happy about the
use of syscall in usr mode (I think)  What does the console say?

> If, however, instead of looking at the db> prompt, I just press return, X
> continues to start, and as far as I can tell, runs normally.  (I haven't
> yet quit X to see what happens...)

Strange.

> Has anyone had anything similar/does anyone know what it means?

Nope, not many ppl have A7000+ running netbsd, so not many ppl have
tested the kernels thoughly.

Cheers,
Chris