Subject: Problems with kdm...
To: ARM32 Port <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard Barrass [RISCBSD] <riscbsd@knight-soft.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/06/1998 19:40:43
Hi,

After a few initial problems getting X working again after upgrading to
1.3 (and .1 now) I have struck another few problems...

The main reason I've upgraded was to be able to try the kde out.

I've a couple of problem depending on the route I try to get it to run !

1) using kdm, I can login okay, but run into problem straight away with
   an error dialog detailing:

   	/usr/X11R6.3/lib/X11/xdm/GiveConsole exited with non-zero status.

   This then about 50/50 drops back to the kdm login screen or exits X

2) if I try to use xdm to login, I login okay, but then almost immediately
   get dropped back to the login prompt.

Note: I have updated my users ~/.xsession to have:

	startkde

as the last line.

I'm running xdm or kdm as root.

Regards,