Subject: Re: More programming questions
To: Martin Tee <martin.tee@argonet.co.uk>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/05/1998 18:20:23
On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, Martin Tee wrote:

> When compiling Lesstif v0.83 the configure command is used
> which uses config.guess to extract information. It obtains
> machine and system details with the uname command. The only
> arm computer it expects is the Riscix. To get the script
> to work I added an extra case statement for arm32 but
> still made it respond like it was a Riscix. ie

I have always overidden the automatic detect on the command line and
specifying arm-arm-netbsd as the system description.
> BTW how do we go about informing developers of the existence
> of RiscBSD so it can be included in their configuration options?

All you actually need to do is get an up to date version of autoconf
and recreate the configure script with it.
> On another subject, am I right in thinking we can only link with
> static libraries ie lib*.a files? If so, do we have all the files
> for X programming, as I can't find an libXt.a library.

As of the 1.3ALPHA snapshot it is possible in general to link applications
with shared libraries. There are some problems with this which have
already been well covered on this list.

Mike