Subject: startx
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marc Warne <marc@alphapro.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/05/1998 10:43:08
Hi!

I've been trying to get the command 'startx' to work, but it won't. Usually,
when I type it in, it says 'startx: Command not found', but if I try it in
the /usr/X11R6.1 directory, and type 'bin/startx', it says 'xinit: Command
not found'. Now - I think this is a problem with my $PATH variable in my
root .profile. Can someone please tell me how to edit this. I've tried
'chmod'ding it by doing 'chmod a+rw .profile', but when trying to edit it
from RISC OS, it still complains about file permissions. If there is no
way to edit it from RISC OS, could you please tell me how to edit in UNIX?

TIA!

All the best,

        Marc Warne
  / /\/\         \ e-mail: marc@alphapro.demon.co.uk  \-IRC #acorn meet-.