Subject: Re: X & A7000+
To: Richard Barrass [RISCBSD] <riscbsd@knight-soft.demon.co.uk>
From: David <dmf20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/04/1998 00:42:15
> This is strange since (and I'm only going in file sizes etc.) the kernels
> on the netbsd site in the 1.3.1 area seem to be the *-cur-* ones from
> ftp.ph.kcl.ac.uk (although admittedly, I only paid attention to the RiscPC
> and VOYAGER ones).

The file sizes for the A7000 ones are, I think, fractionally different.

> They do work for me - well, discounting the lack of X working :-)
>
> Hmmm - maybe a step back in kernel version may help...

Try redirecting the output from startx, so that you can see what the error
message is (it could be something really silly...) - this is what I did:

	startx >& mylog

whilst I still got gibberish on the screen, I was able to reboot and
examine the file.

David.