Subject: Re: X & A7000+
To: ARM32 Port <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard Barrass [RISCBSD] <riscbsd@knight-soft.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/04/1998 00:02:39
Hi,

On Fri 03 Apr, David wrote:
> > Sorry -I meant to imply that the screen mode was as above... the default
> > for the video DRAM is 0k
> >
> > Interestingly, I've noticed the ftp.netbsd.org has now got an arm32 1.3.1
> > version...
> >
> > are there many differences between 1.3 and 1.3.1 ?
>
> I've just had a look there - since you mentioned it - and there is an
> absolutely crucial difference: the A7000 kernels don't even come close to
> booting!!  (I'm a bit disappointed because I had hoped they might fix my
> mouse problem, but apparently not.)

This is strange since (and I'm only going in file sizes etc.) the kernels
on the netbsd site in the 1.3.1 area seem to be the *-cur-* ones from
ftp.ph.kcl.ac.uk (although admittedly, I only paid attention to the RiscPC
and VOYAGER ones).

They do work for me - well, discounting the lack of X working :-)

Hmmm - maybe a step back in kernel version may help...

Richard

--
Richard J N Barrass BSc.
Knight Software Solutions.